Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic slices that bond to your teeth to reshape and restructure them. Porcelain veneers are not only durable but also have lifelike aesthetics. At Pro Smiles OC, we use them for fixing smiles that have stains, chips, cracks or significant gaps between them. But veneers require preparation of the damaged teeth before their attachment, a process in which we remove a thin layer of the dental enamel to create space. For many patients, sacrificing a segment of their healthy tooth structure for bonding veneers is unacceptable.
Many patients avoid getting veneers for smile restoration just because they do not want to sacrifice their natural tooth structure. If the prospect of undergoing tooth preparation has stopped you in the past from getting veneers, then we recommend Lumineers®. These fantastic “prepless” veneers can quickly and effortlessly transform an imperfect smile into a picture-perfect, lasting smile in just a few days.
The Difference Between Lumineers and Regular Porcelain Veneers
In the case of porcelain veneers, the surface of the tooth needs to be shaved down to create space for bonding the veneers. This is not the case with Lumineers. They are so thin, just about the same thickness as contact lenses (0.2 mm), that they can be bonded to the tooth without the need for any tooth alteration. Since they are extremely thin, they reflect light just like the natural tooth enamel. This is the secret behind their lifelike, naturally beautiful appearance.
Contact-Lens-Thin To Save Your Tooth Structure
- No shots or anesthetic required — procedure is entirely pain-free
- Little to no reduction of tooth structure; you keep your natural teeth intact, unlike veneer procedures that require grinding, cutting and removal of tooth structure
- Patented porcelain
- Minimal preparation required
- No post-operative sensitivity
- Only two visits necessary
- Extremely natural-looking because they are so thin (approximately 0.2 mm) and translucent
- No temporaries required
- Restore and strengthen teeth, help prevent wear
- Extraordinarily strong; clinically proven to last up to 16 years
- A viable alternative to braces in many cases
- Can be placed over crowns and used to rejuvenate old dental bridge work
- No micro-leakage or micro-cracking
- Evolving from Cerinate porcelain restorations, lauded as one of the top 100 dental products for 2002 by Dentistry Today, a highly respected publication
Will Lumineers Work for Me?
Lumineers can be an excellent way to transform your smile quickly, but they are not suitable for everyone seeking a smile transformation. To know whether you are a suitable candidate for rejuvenating your smile with veneers, we recommend that you call today at 949-880-6638 to schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation with our dentist, Dr. Ivan Ho, and get your own set of Lumineers in Laguna Hills, California.